Tuesday, June 05, 2007


Crow Indian Reservation

The following is an article I wrote for the Kings Kids newsletter out of Denver, Colorado. For those of you that don't know, it is the organization with which I travel to the Crow Indian Reservation in Montana.

Indian summer is a name given to a period of sunny, warm weather in autumn, not long before winter. This time can be in late October or early November in the Northern hemisphere. It can persist for just a few days or weeks. Kings Kids has its own version of Indian summer: Crow Indian summer. As the years go by, the King’s Kids Crow Indian summer increases in duration as commitment grows as well as the size of projects.

This summer, a group of young men and women will give up a couple weeks in the summer to build relationships with kids through a basketball camp. In addition, young people will use their construction skills to undertake a mammoth task of building a home for a foster family with 9 adopted children. Estimates for the project are in the six figures.

The questions I ask myself are these: Do I really believe that the Lord can work through our trips to the ‘rez’ to accomplish things we otherwise could not do on our own? Do I think the Lord will ‘come through’, or do I approach the throne timidly as if my requests to the Lord may reach His ears by chance like pulling a lever on a slot machine. Are my pleas to God on behalf of the Crow people and the building project filled with eager anticipation and expectation, or am I going through the motions asking God for guidance and help because I’m supposed to, not expecting my prayers to be answered.

The Lord hears the prayers of the righteous and they please him (Prov.. 15:8, 1Pet. 3:12). Matthew 7:7-12 speaks of petitioning the Lord and receiving what we ask for. As we prepare our hearts for the Crow Indian summer, whether you are a giver of resources or a volunteer of your time, approach your Savior boldly and with confidence, in great anticipation that your prayers will be heard and answered.

Peace,

Andy Christophersen


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work.

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home